Friday, September 23, 2011

friday top ten: ipod race list.

Tell me.  Why is that I can find the motivation to whip up some cinnamon applesauce, a pie crust for a quiche tomorrow, earmark a recipe for simple alfredo pasta sometime next week (I want to add asparagus or broccoli), and a jalepeno omelette that I want to make for dinner tonight, run to the store to buy a magazine... but the motivation for anything work, dishes, or laundry related is mysteriously absent.  It must be the obligation part of it, hm?

I am so happy that it is Friday (that sounds familiar) and I'm getting excited for the half marathon on Sunday!!  I went for a 2 mile run yesterday and.... no pain in my foot!!  Remains to be seen if the pain will come back at say, mile 7.  We'll see.  I'm just going to go as far as I can, I'm ready!

And in preparation for the big race, I'm debating what's going to be part of my Marathon Mix.  Here are some of my ideas so far.  A Half-Marathon-Themed Friday Top Ten, if you will.

Adele: Set Fire to the Rain
One Republic: Good Life
Snow Patrol: Finish Line (how appropriate)
Lady Gaga: Just Dance.... or Poker Face
2Pac: Changes (this was always one of the first songs I listened to on my long runs)
Train: Hey Soul Sister
The Midway State: Atlantic (a new find)
Rihanna:  Only Girl
Dave Matthews: Bartender (live version)
Coldplay: Viva la Vida (reminds me of summer car rides with the windows down)

Of course I only have about half of these songs, so I'll have to get the rest!   Any suggestions?  What song gives you an extra burst of energy during your workout?

What's in store for your weekend?

xo,

alli

No comments:

food for thought.

Related Posts with Thumbnails