Friday, August 19, 2011

friday top ten.

hello! it's almost the weekend!  mine started a few hours ago, with smoothies shared on a sunny terrace and a weekend magazine purchase.  i also may or may not have purchased some red lipstick that i'm trying on for size :)  i think barbeque chicken and garlic green beans, and perhaps a movie, may also be on the schedule tonight.  pretty good for only being a couple hours into my weekend!

for this week's friday top ten i've decided to share a list of the top ten things that had something to do with my week, either from things i've seen on the internet or weekly adventures.

1. a quirky read that i just picked up: everything is illuminated, by jonathan safran foer
it already has me laughing on my morning bus ride.  the quirky and horrible (deliberate) translations between the ukrainian and jewish characters are hilarious. also picked up i capture the castle at my favorite used bookstore for 50 cents! score.

2. an interesting article about bilingualism, emotions, and how we express them.  touches on the intertwined nature of languages, and how bilingualism is far from cut and dry.

3. this looks almost TOO comfy to be an item of clothing that you can out in public in.  i'm a size small by the way, and accepting packages :)

4. i LOVE this poster.  could totally see it in the entryway of my apartment, inside an old mirror frame that i've been meaning to repurpose.


5. also, want to make this, with france and the us :) may as well just paste my whole pinterest collection here! 



6. this recipe looks both delicious and easy.  

7. one of my favorite blogs and etsy shops right about now! :)

photo credit: lindsay poulin.

8. jessica from whatiwore posted this llbean bag today, and i immediately started drooling.  what a sturdy, classic piece!


9. thinking about heading back here for drinks when my SISTER comes to visit next week!!!

10. also, a cute new blog that i discovered.  love here sense of fashion, and all the pics she includes of the new house she just bought with her hubby.  also, she looks SO much like one of the olsen twins.  

tell me one of your top ten items from this week!

have a great weekend!

xo

alli

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heyyo! Post a pic with the red lipstick! What is the kind/color? I got obsessed sometime this spring and now I have about 17 of them...

Also, I can't wait to see your DIY project! (You're going to have to put multiple hearts on multiple us cities... :D )

Mmm if someone sends you that sweater, can I borrow it?

alli said...

ok, i'll think about posting a red lips pic :) it's maybelline colorsensational (maybe?) in are you red-dy. the first time i put it on it felt kind of intense, but i think i'll get used to it!

i think i might have to just put a heart on the whole US, that might be simpler :)

and YES you can borrow the sweater, because that would require you visiting me! i have a couch now ya know! ;)

Anonymous said...

cool, I don't know that one. i have a revlon cherries in the snow (which ends up looking almost... super dark pink) and a sephora brand that is straight up fire engine tomato red (yeah, intense!) It's fun, isn't it? Makes me feel like a woman.

oh awesome! we just got a couch. I bought it from a consignment shop and.... wow, having a couch is the best thing ever. ours is light blue and so soft. carissa had bed bugs last year in her couch and is making me paranoid that secondhand couch might have bed bugs... i dreamed about them last night ew ew ew.

miss you! when does school start? let's chat soon :)

Anonymous said...

cool, I don't know that one. i have a revlon cherries in the snow (which ends up looking almost... super dark pink) and a sephora brand that is straight up fire engine tomato red (yeah, intense!) It's fun, isn't it? Makes me feel like a woman.

oh awesome! we just got a couch. I bought it from a consignment shop and.... wow, having a couch is the best thing ever. ours is light blue and so soft. carissa had bed bugs last year in her couch and is making me paranoid that secondhand couch might have bed bugs... i dreamed about them last night ew ew ew.

miss you! when does school start? let's chat soon :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure Caity prefers the bars with a bull :-) Says there is video too!

D

food for thought.

Related Posts with Thumbnails