Saturday, November 12, 2011

pumpkin n pedi

I know, I missed yesterday!  To make up for it I took some pictures of parts of my day and I'll even include the recipe for the pumpkin oatmeal bread that I just pulled out of the oven :)

This is what I call the all-the-veggies-we-have-in-the-fridge dish.

Pumpkin oatmeal bread!

Warmed up with vanilla ice cream for dessert?  

Mani-pedi silver & gold.

Today was a very lazy Saturday.  I seem to be having a lot of those lately.  Caught up on my Grey's Anatomy, read half of The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion (one of those depressing but yet can't put it down books), cooked some pumpkin oatmeal bread, painted my nails, and somehow found the motivation to get on my running gear and go out for a run right before it got dark.  At 4:45.  That's another thing that depressing around here.  Oh well.  Positive side is.... only a month until the shortest day of the year and then the days will start getting longer again.  

Tonight I think we'll continue the laid back trend that has been Saturday so far, and watch a movie.  And not worry about the overflowing laundry basket in the corner.  That can wait until tomorrow.

Here's the recipe for the Pumpkin Oatmeal Bread that I stole from Carrots n Cake.  I found her blog through pinterest when I was searching for recipes and after browsing awhile saw that she's an avid runner too.  And I think I've officially added a Garmin Forerunner to my Christmas list after reading about how much she loves hers that she uses on her runs.  Maybe sometime soon I'll do a longer post on running... but for now, the recipe!

Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread

Makes 1 loaf
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1.5 cup all-purpose flour (I substituted whole wheat flour instead)
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup soy milk (I used 1% instead)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease loaf pan.
  2. Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
  3. Pour batter into loaf pan.
  4. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until top is firm, and a toothpick comes out clean.
  5. Allow loaf to cool for 10 minutes and serve warm.

I'm convinced this would be good with other little add-ins like roasted walnuts, dates, or some vanilla.  Perhaps I'll try other versions of it!  Have a wonderful Saturday night!

xo

alli

No comments:

food for thought.

Related Posts with Thumbnails